Wednesday, January 28, 2009

It's all about the bugs baby


I do understand that Mythic and EA have done a great job getting the game this polished before release, and doing such a good job at keeping up the bug fixing is just tremendous on their part.

But I would still like to talk about it some more.There are still an abundant of bugs and little pieces of code here and there not optimized correctly... whatever that means, if anything at all.

Lets make a list, shall we ?

I'll start:

A big bad boss resets his big bad HP to 100% mid fight.
I havent heard much from the community about this one, but it's the main ballbuster on my nerves these days. Ofcourse BWE isnt that hard, but when you're there for the first time it can be a heck of a pain in the ass when the boss suddenly decides that he'll return to his post, go out of combat then engage you again as soon as his HP returns to full. Add a buggy right side mob (where the right side is inaccessible because the mobs there are on god mode, thus rendering the last boss much much harder because you can access the mini bosses that drop the little trinkets that make him such a pushover) to the mix and you have 2 hours of resets at 10% and instagibbed healers.

Disappearing corpses.
Check out the picture with the post, that's from my guilds 2nd or 3rd BWE run. We went in there all jolly and whatnot about setting it to farm status and nuke the last boss even though we still couldn't get the mini boss items to make him easy... but that didn't dampen our spirits just yet! Too bad the CORPSE CONTAINING THE KEY (caps for emphasis) to the last boss disappeared into the ground and CSR were less than useless. 3 days later I got a mail from them telling me they wouldn't reimburse me for the loot the boss dropped... if only they actually read the entire report, especially the part containing "we dont give half a crap about the boots this guy drops, we want the key so we can kill the last boss...". I can be an angry person and this was just one of those moments you just wanna kill with something spiky.

Dismount when you run into the Apex in IC.
I mentioned this earlyer in the debut post... not sure if it's a bug or an annoying feature. I want it gone though =(

Melee mobs and their hidden ranged attacks
This isnt a major bug I'd say .. there aren't many of these I've encountered over my days as a War player. But it can be particularly annoying when you accidentally pull a champion and he just stands still and all you can do is watch your HP fade away, slowly (not so slowly on a magus it seems) but surely.

Wrong models, wrong class.
Check out the post below ... this is actually a fun bug, it's so much fun when you come across one of these!
I actually hope its some sort of strange feature.


If you have a bug you'd like to remind me of (this is all I could muster in my feeble mental state.. 3 hours of non stop snowboarding WHOO!) please do drop a comment.
Heck, drop a comment even if all you have to say is how poor I am at snowboarding.

Edit: Omelettez's comment about how Zealot buffs give you a warning about how you cant cast the buff on players because theyre not in your group got me thinking about how when I cast Guard on a player (when I'm playing my Blackguard Yradys) I get a message on my screen telling me the targetted player must in be in my group and it casts anyway. Thanks Omelettez.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The only other bug I know of is with Zealots and their Marks. When you put it on someone in your group, this text comes up going "They're not in your group! It won't work! Hurhur!" ...but the mark goes up anyways and it's fine. Just makes me go grumble grumble. Nothing as amusing as the wrong models on wrong classes. Seeing 2-handers as 1-handers cracks me up to no end. That and shields looking like swords.

Anonymous said...

how about getting stuck on every freaking nook, crany, rock, wall, torche, fire, stick, or TERAIN MODEL in the game. Having to /stuck (relog) when your in an instance, keep, or fortress encounter can really ruin the fun.