Friday, January 30, 2009

A call to arms (not now but soon)


Everyone who follows this blog probably knows about the new announcements but I decided to write what I think about them anyway.

My call to arms most anticipated new features:

  • Land of the dead
I love Tomb Kings, it's an awesome race. To bad it's not playable ingame, well atleast they're going to be killable :) I'm also a sucker for exploring the landscapes of WAR so this will be a delightful addition.

  • Instanced Lairs
Well I only know a handful of lairs, and I've only once participated in killing a lair boss but just a second after Morra had fallen order arrived and they kicked our balls. And it was... well annoying ... Ii wish I hadn't been rvr enabled :P but this will be a useful addition to the game :) its also going to help the respawn time I reckon.

  • The new classes
I love the Choppa; they are everything orcs stand for and I'd really like a choppa to be my first alt... I originally wanted to play a Choppa so when the class was delayed I got a little disappointed.
As for the Slayer... well I've always liked hardcore ginger kids.

  • The new instance/scenario
I'm not really into Mythic's approach to dungeons yet, well my character is only at lvl 39 so I haven't tried the city dungeons/lost vale yet and I hear from Vilberg that they are pretty rad so I can't totally tell at the moment, but I never have high expectations for anything in life or ingame ((except for WAR like 2-3 years before release.... damn Mythic marketing and Paul Barnett*) also poor little me)
And as for the scenario I think it's good news to get some variety, but since I don't know the mechanics I'm not getting high hopes (it could be a capture the flag SC)

  • The new live events
I think live events are nothing to be siked about really. I like to look at them as a fun part of the game that keep you want coming back for useless but fun rewards. I think I spent a few hours farming ogres and such for a title I didn't even use during the Keg's end event... well atleast it was fun and that's what counts :)

So mythic... get me more Hyped up...

did I forget something? I guess that's all.

-Zinthiina
*Mythic marketing is cool with me and I think Paul is actually a pretty likeable bloke
** liek teh slayer 'n choppa pics?

No comments: